In this interview, Sheri Gorman, Sales And Marketing Specialist for Facility Services Group, discusses her experiences in the floor care industry. She touches on her educational background, professional journey, and personal interests, as well as her greatest professional achievement and the importance of finding a mentor and continuing to learn.
In this article, Chip Grimes, President of Facility Services Group, Inc., discusses how continuous education has impacted our organization and how it creates consistency for your business.
2020 showed us that it’s no longer “business as usual” by shining a spotlight on the importance of proper disinfection and sanitization procedures. Health and safety are top priorities as offices throughout the country begin to reopen in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. For some, these new guidelines can be difficult to understand and implement if unfamiliar with the chemistry, equipment, and processes necessary to safeguard staff and customers from harmful viruses, bacteria, mold, and allergens. At FSG, several clients have requested our disinfection and sanitization services to help ready their facilities for reopen.
This video is from a recent disinfection and sanitization project for one of our customers in Wilmington, DE as they prepared their space for welcoming back staff and customers. While making the customer’s work environment as safe and healthy as possible, we also take every precaution to protect our team while they’re on the job. If you’ve recently resumed daily operations, or are planning to reopen soon, here’s how we can help.
- Some disinfection programs focus only on communal touch points in the workplace, such as switches, knobs, handles, etc., but FSG combines wipe down procedures with electrostatic and atomizing technology, wrapping around and covering all surfaces in a space.
- Along with being an EPA Registered Hospital Grade disinfectant, our chemistry is also on the EPA’s List N for Approved Use Against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- We also offer sanitization services for soft surfaces, such as fabrics, carpet, and upholstery, using chemistry that has received the Seal of Approval from the Carpet & Rug Institute.
- To properly sanitize carpets and disinfectant hard floors they must first be clean, and FSG offers cleaning services for all types of commercial flooring and surfaces.
- We offer ongoing disinfection/sanitization maintenance programs that can be performed as often as needed to safeguard your staff and customers.
Contact us today at 302-691-3970 or via email at email@example.com to learn more about how we can help you meet the newly implemented safety guidelines and successfully reopen your facility with a clean, healthy space for everyone!
As always, consider these guidelines from state governments in our region.
- Delaware – https://business.delaware.gov/coronavirus/delawares-recovery-phase-2-guidance/
- Pennsylvania – https://www.governor.pa.gov/covid-19/business-guidance/
- New Jersey – https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/general-public/what-businesses-are-open-what-rules-or-safety-guidelines-must-they-follow
- Maryland – https://open.maryland.gov/backtobusiness/
- Virginia – https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Forward-Virginia-Phase-Three-Guidelines.pdf
Chamber Member organizations across the state are answering the call to support the coronavirus (COVID-19) response effort.
Facility Services Group specializes in commercial interior maintenance. Much of their work is floor maintenance, and disinfecting spaces. FSG began disinfecting back in 2014 to protect employees when entering spaces. As the recent crisis began to set in, they immediately started to focus on their disinfecting services for not only their staff, but also for their customers.
Sheri Gorman’s from the FSG Business Development office and was asked if they could provide services for Hilltop Lutheran Neighborhood Center in Wilmington. Hilltop needed their offices disinfected and to begin preparation for re-opening their doors. FSG wants to give back to our local community and want members to feel safe and comfortable.
Article originally posted on the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce website.
Greg Fylak will find you an expert on blood, signatures, weather, anatomy or falling concrete. Chip Grimes will brush the dirt from your office carpets. Mark Olazagasi can get your business computer back on track after a disaster.
One common thread links their businesses. They all started in an incubator that also hatched an accounting firm, marketing companies, an Uber for package delivery and a company that responds when a corporate plane crashes.
Chip Grimes, President of Facility Services Group in Philadelphia, talks to Bill Luallen about his experience with a resilient floor and ceramic tile project at a healthcare customer’s facility. See phenomenal before and after photos from the sheet vinyl and ceramic tile floors (wait ’til you see the grout photos!) and learn the process used. See photos here.
We can all agree that profitability, regardless of industry, is the end goal for any organization. While turning a profit can be a challenge, increasing the bottom line is a more common obstacle for many flooring maintenance businesses. For most, the first step to boosting profits is improving efficiency.
Floor care is an industry heavily driven by labor, from the top down. Increasing efficiency throughout the entire organization is the first step in raising profits. But how do you do it? We reached out to three flooring maintenance experts to learn how establishing company standards, defining best practices, and building upon proven procedures can help cut down on waste and yield better earnings.
A recent Facility Services Group floor care success story has been published as a case study by the manufacturer. Check out the downloadable PDF from Antron, and discover how FSG solved a carpet cleaning dilemma that had others stumped. View Antron Case Study.